Are you tired of all the TV campaign ads, mail pieces in your inbox and mailbox telling you why you should or shouldn't vote for a candidate, and the recorded calls asking you to vote for so-and-so?
We figured you might be.
That's why we've prepared an ELECTION DAY SURVIVAL GUIDE.
Please share with your friends and family!
Survival Tip #1
- Pray for the Body of Christ to be faithful voters--men and women who are faithful to vote, and who vote based on their faith.
Did you know there are 90 Million professing Christians in the U.S., but 39 Million of them don't vote in any given election??
Can you imagine if the Body of Christ worked together, striving to not "check out" of our culture, but to be the lights we're called to be in turning the lights back ON in our culture? We can make a big step toward that goal by selecting godly men and woment to lead us in civil government.
- Pray for integrity in the elections process. Pray against voter fraud; pray for fairness.
- Pray for God to raise up men and women who know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to be leaders for our state and nation.
Survival Tip #2
- Fill out a sample ballot.
Take some time to fill out a sample ballot before you head to the polls--then you'll know who you're going to vote for before you get to the ballot box.
- Know which candidates best represent your values.
If you don't know which candidate to vote for, check out our nonpartisan Voter's Guide. We have a candidate-by-candidate breakdown to help you see where each candidate stands on important issues like life, marriage, education, and more!
- Know where to find your polling place.
Use this look-up tool to find your polling place. Most polls open at 7AM and all polls close at 8PM.
Learn more here.
- Share this email with friends and family!
It's important for the Body of Christ to be prepared and to be faithful stewards of the responsibility of selecting our civil leaders.
Take a moment to share this email with your loved ones so that they too can be prepared to vote their values tomorrow.
Survival Tip #3
Your Vote Matters (no really)
We're sure you've been hearing a lot of "every vote counts" and "your vote matters" talk over the past month.
Set all that aside, and let us share our heart for why your vote DOES matter--not just from an earthly, but an eternal perspective.
- Jesus said the 2 greatest commandments are to love God, and love your neighbor.
What an amazing, simple way to love God by selecting godly men and women to be earthly leaders!
What an amazing, simple way to love our neighbors when we use our American right to vote in order to select for our neighbors godly leaders who will represent godly values.
For we know:
|When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice;
when the wicked rule, the people groan.
- We are called to be good stewards in this earthly life.
The Body of Christ has the responsibility to steward well that which is entrusted to us.
We live in a time and a country where we have the blessing and privilege of a government of, by and for the people.
We must not neglect our duty as the Body of Christ to tend this privilege carefully, by selecting godly men and women to lead.
|"[W]e have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
- We are called to be like Jesus, shining His light in the darkness.
Jesus said that His people are the "light of the world." (Matthew 5:13).
We know that culture continues to grow dark around us.
But what if we could turn the lights back on?
Each man, woman, and child of God is uniquely placed to be a light in his or her community.
One simple, yet deeply meaningful, way to shine your light is to cast a vote based not upon political party, but upon biblical truth and godly leadership.
This is a big step in turning the lights back on in Minnesota, in America, and worldwide.
|"The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
Survival Tip #4
Be Part of the Body of Christ in MN Tomorrow!
As you exercise your God-ordained, American right to vote tomorrow and shine your light, let us know!
Let's be a community of believers who want to see the lights turned back on in Minnesota tomorrow!
Let us all know how you shined your light in the ballot box by using #LightsOnMN tomorrow!
- Share: Take a selfie, share an inspirational quote, or simply change your Facebook status or tweet out what being a faithful voter--a voter who is faithful to vote, and who votes based on your faith--means to you.
Be sure to use the hashtag #LightsOnMN on Facebook and Twitter!
- Send us an email letting us know what turning the lights back on in Minnesota means to you tomorrow.
- Encourage your friends to join you at the polls to help turn the lights back on!
- Forward this email or share it using the "view online" link at the top!
Help Support Our Ministry
Part of our ministry is helping to keep the Body of Christ informed about where candidates stand on issues so that the Body of Christ can make wise decisions in selecting the best candidates. We also work hard to make sure the Body of Christ has the information they need in order to vote.
Will you consider a gift to help us continue this aspect of our entirely donor-funded ministry?